Saturday, December 4, 2010

Santa Claus is Comin’ To Town

I have a thing for Santas. I really do. I have a HUGE collection here at the house and I just can’t get enough of him! He’s so dang cute! SO…it would only stand to reason that I’d want to include a few Santa activities in the classroom as well :) I know that a lot of kids don’t celebrate Christmas, but this year EVERY single one of my kiddos does…so that makes planning a little bit easier for me. However, this hasn’t always been the case! I guess you could say I’m taking advantage of it this year :)

I read a book about Santa the other day…can’t remember which one…and had the kids make these cute little scrapbook Santas after we read the story. I LOVE how different they all turned out! And I swear each one of them represents the kids’ personalities to a T!!! SO cute!

scrapbooksantasscrapbooksantas1scrapbooksantas2

Have you ever read the story, A New Improved Santa?!?!

santa

I haven’t read this to my kids yet, but it’s DARLING! It’s all about Santa & how he feels like he’s losing his “edge”, so he tries out a bunch of different styles…spiky hair, the “gangsta” look, etc. Anyway, it’s hilarious and I know the kids will LOVE it! I’m planning on reading it to them and then having them create a Santa with a new & improved look! And then, of course, they’ll write about it. Maybe about why Santa needs a new look OR what he thinks about his new style. Still thinking about that, but that’s just an idea for ya!

Did y’all know that Santa’s really a cowboy at heart?! Well…if you’re from Texas…I know that’s what you believe ;) HA! We loved the idea of a “Cowboy Christmas” so we read a few stories with a real Southern drawl…cowboychristmascowboychristmas2

Then we made our own little cowboy Santas! {I forgot to take pics of the kid’s Santas…they were SO funny!} We gave each of the kids a speech bubble and had the kids write about what SANTA wants for Christmas! It was so cute reading their responses…apparently, Santa wants an iphone, an ipad, material for making stuff?!?!, an American Girl doll, new reindeer, cookies & milk, and a new sleigh. HA!

cowboysanta1cowboysanta2

And here are a few activities for your downloading pleasure ;) {Just click on the pics to download your copies :)}

wrappedwords2The directions are included in this little Santa activity…it can be used several different ways! I made sure it was “Kindergarten friendly” as well :)

wrappedwordsHere’s a fun little making words activity! Let me know if you need a better explanation that the directions provide ;)

wrappedwords3This is a little fact family sorting activity. I didn’t include a recording sheet because I’m planning on having the kids make their own fact family tree out of construction paper as an extension to this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews