Saturday, August 28, 2010

Decorating The Walls

Have I mentioned how much I love my school?! Because I really, REALLY do! I just can’t imagine being anywhere else! I love our staff, our sweet kids, and our AMAZING parents! Before the start of the school year, each grade level commissions a group of moms to come up and decorate the hallways. The parents are pretty much amazing because they take a theme and just run with it!!! The theme for First Grade this year is “Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon”. I LOVE that book!

molly lou

A few of the teachers on my team already had an idea set in mind and our new moms came up and put the plan into action!

walls

walls2

Each of us on the team has a Molly Lou Melon cut-out right outside our classroom doors, and each Molly Lou Melon as a speech bubble that contains a quote from the book…they’re all different! We also hung long mirrors inside our doors with the words “Smile big and the world will smile right alongside you” right above it!! Darling theme and a PERFECT way to start the year!

Here are a few more pics of the hallways in our buildings. If you think these are darling, just wait ‘til Open House. I swear I’ve never seen anything like it!!!

2nd Grade ~ Theme: A Royal Welcome

walls3

walls4

Kindergarten ~ Theme: Western, Cowboys & Cowgirls

walls11

3rd Grade ~ Welcome to the Jungle

walls10

4th Grade ~ Texas Our Texas

walls9 walls7 walls8

6th Grade ~ Ride The Wave of Learning

walls5

walls6

Our amazing and BEYOND talented 6th grade science teacher was totally responsible for the cuteness in their hallways. She might be the most creative decorator I’ve ever seen!!!!

Now, is that cute or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews