Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Little Tour

One of the best things about my school is the ability we have to go "ALL OUT" on our classrooms. I've had the same "theme" in my room for several years now...jungle. Now, while I think that's a precious theme, a new year in a new grade level SCREAMED new theme....so that's just what I did! I walked into my brand new classroom with a pretty blank canvas. After LOTS and LOTS of thought and planning, I finally came up with something I truly LOVE. A "Sassy Hollywood Glam" theme! Sure...it's a little girly...but my kids LOVE it!! It's so bright and cheerful! At least, I think so :) I know there's a lot going on, but it works! I'm sure there will be A LOT more on the walls to look at in the weeks to come, but for now here's how it stands...

My little “Celebrity of the Week” Corner.

classroom1 classroom2

The “BRAVO” Wall. I’ll hang student work here :)

classroom3

My “Red Carpet Reading” nook, right next to the “Award Winning” Word Wall and the “Spotlight on Daily 5” area.

classroom4 classroom6

Here’s our little Math wall & shelf…filled with manipulatives, games, etc. The door leads to my bathroom {which I really use as a storage closet}. I’ve got my behavior management on the bathroom door {O.S.C.A.R…Our Students Can Act Responsibly}, and the Estimation Station jar and prediction chart are right below that.

You can also see my little Investigation Station {science center} and my sink & cupboards. I have all my artsy supplies in those cabinets. On the wall is a little poster for the “Lost Tooth Club” kids, and on the opposite wall that you can’t see is an area where I keep their “brag tags”.

classroom5

Here’s a little peek at my whiteboard/calendar/morning meeting area. Be expecting LOTS of changes in this area in the next few weeks!!! I like it alright, but I know there’s SO much I’m missing!!!

classroom8

Hope you enjoyed the tour! It’s like my little home away from home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews