Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful.

I could go on for days and days all about the things for which I’m thankful, but for your sake, I’ll keep it simple. Sweet Rachelle & Natalie over at What the Teacher Wants are having a little “I’m Thankful” linky party so I thought I’d link up and say my thanks :)

thankfulparty

1. What are you most thankful for in your classroom?

My student teacher!!! She’s AMAZING. If something happened to me and I wasn’t able to make it in, I’d have NO doubt in my mind that she’d know just what to do and my kids would be in great hands. She’s helped me SO much these last 6 weeks and I swear I don’t know what I’ll do when she leaves me!!!!

2. Who are you most thankful for?

I’m thankful for EVERYONE in my life…past and present…because I genuinely feel like each person has had a little hand in making me the person that I am today. I’m most thankful for my sweet boys…all THREE of them {husband included ;)} God has blessed me beyond measure. These boys are my everything :)

uscruise29

3. What 3 blogs are you most thankful for??

Ummm…IMpossible to narrow it to three because I’m genuinely thankful for so many! I’m super thankful for these blogs because they’ve all directly impacted my teaching and the way I approach instruction and creating fun & meaningful activities for my classroom. They’ve changed the way I look at curriculum and inspired me to become a better teacher in so many different ways. I’m blessed to “know” them!!

Of course, I’m so thankful for my dear friend, Abby, over at The Inspired Apple. We virtually met around this time last year and we became fast friends. When we finally met for real, we couldn’t.stop.talking. I knew we’d be forever friends. I’m sure our husbands are grateful we don’t live closer ;) So grateful for her friendship, her sweet personality, and her DARLING ideas!!! Love ya, girl!

inspiredappleheader2 copy

Of course, sweet Rachelle at What the Teacher Wants. We started blogging around the same time last year and I remember that she was one of the first bloggers I ever “met”. If we lived closer, I know we’d be great friends…I feel like I know her! I love her sweet & giving spirit!!

whattheteacherwants

The ladies at Made for 1st Grade….Kelly & Diane…have been LIFESAVERS. Truly. I’ve emailed them a GOBzillion times with endless questions and am so very thankful for their time and advice. They’ve been such an inspiration to me and their ideas and activities are out of this world!!!!

made_for_1st_grade_header_(2)

Sweet Michelle at Fabulous in First has the kindest, most giving heart. I just adore her darling personality and ALL of her adorable ideas!!!! I’ve learned SO much from her and am so grateful to call her my “friend”!!! I’m sure we’ll meet soon, right?!?!

fabinfirst

The fabulous Sarah Cooley over at First Grader…At Last! was the reason I started blogging. She’s innovative and original and I LOVE her ideas. I found her at a time when I really needed inspiration and I’ve been hooked ever since. She’s an endless source of cuteness and inspiration.

First Grader Header

Of course, Deanna Jump was one of the first blogs I followed and TpT sellers I bought from and I swear her ideas totally changed the way I look at curriculum and classroom activities. She’s inspired me and taught me so much this last year!

Deanna Jump Header4

And sweet Kathleen at Growing Kinders. She’s such a darling person and has such a sweet heart. Her activities and ideas are amazing. I wish I would’ve known her when I taught Kindergarten!!! I’m so grateful to call her a “friend” :)

1KPedersenBlogHeader2

I’m thankful for ALL of the wonderful blogs out there that inspire me everyday!!!! I’d love to highlight each and everyone of you!

4. What guilty pleasure are you most thankful for?

Would y’all think any less of me if I said Rap and R&B? Because that’s the troof. The other guilty pleasure Mr. Spouse wishes I’d forget about is Pinterest. I’m sickeningly addicted.

5. What are you most thankful for?

I’m thankful God has blessed me with two HEALTHY boys. I’m thankful for my sweet church family and our pastor…he inspires me, challenges me, and encourages me to live in God’s word every day. I’m thankful for ALL 22 of my firsties and my sweet school family. I’m thankful for my family, my friends, and my sweet husband….I swear I don’t deserve that man. I’m thankful for this blog and all the opportunities that have come my way because of it. I’m thankful for the blogging community and all of the sweet people I’ve met…both virtually & in real life…and I’m thankful for endless sources of inspiration and ideas. I’m thankful for TpT and everyone who’s supported me along the way. I’m thankful that I serve a God who shows me mercy when I least deserve it and for blessing me beyond measure. And I can’t forget to mention that I’m thankful for Sonic cokes, Starbuck’s red cups, the kindness of strangers, Chick Fil A, and my favorite sports radio station, 1310 The Ticket.

I know I said I’d keep it brief, but dang. That was hard. Story.of.my.life. Now go on and link up with Rachelle!!!

In the meantime, I’ll be enjoying a weeklong Thanksgiving vacation :) Not that I’m tryin’ to rub it in or anything, but y’all…I couldn’t be happier :) I’m waking up early to get my hair done. I haven’t been to the salon in TWO YEARS people. TWO.YEARS. Who does that?! Let’s not talk about the split ends. I’m getting’ a little chop…as in taking of the split ends and maybe adding some layers…and I’m getting some color, too!! I’ve NEVER had my hair colored!!! I told Mr. Spouse I needed to get my “edge” back. HA. As if I ever had any to begin with. If you don’t hear from me for a while, please just assume that I’m mourning over my new ‘do. Eeeeks…SO nervous!!!!

Have a GREAT week, y’all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews