Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Current Obsessions {Totally Unrelated to Teaching}

After a week of cramming for that dang ESL certification, I’m back and ready to blogstalk. I missed catching up on everything y’all are doing in your classrooms!! Now I’ve got lots to read while I’m waiting for my test results {gulp}. In the meantime, I needed something totally unrelated to teaching to occupy my time. So I thought I’d share with y’all my current favorite obsessions.

1. My growing collection of M.A.C. eyeshadow.

mac

I’m completely obsessed. Mr. Spouse says I’m going through a mid-life crisis. Not sure about that, but I LOVE me some M.A.C!!!! Their eyeshadows are the best…they stay on without getting icky and they last forever, too!!!

2. This perfume.

shi

Alfred Tsung, Shi. A total throwback to my college days. Found it at Marshall’s for $15 and had to bring her home. It reminds me of Friday nights out on the town with my girls and scarfing down Quizno’s sandwiches and watching Lifetime on Saturdays.

3. Stripes.

stripes

Holy heck. I own a lot of stripes, I guess. Dangit. My mom is sick of this obsession of mine. Whenever we get together and go shopping, she has to pry me away from buying more. I love stripes.

4. This song.

220px-Lilywhodhaveknown

Who’d Have Known”

I know this is nothing new, definitely made an appearance on my ipod circa 2009, but it’s definitely been repeat the last few weeks. Maybe because T-Pain made it famous again?!?! Love her voice. And all her music. But this one is my current favorite because I like to go “old school” every now and then. Also on constant replay?!?! Justin Bieber’s “Never Say Never” {my 4-year-old’s favorite song} and Zac Brown Band’s “Knee Deep” {my 2-year-old’s favorite song}. Wow. Never thought I’d say that in a sentence.

5. This album:

Amos-Lee-Mission-Bellamos-lee-top-la-12-6-10

Oh how I love me some Amos Lee. I started listening to him about 7{ish} years ago and man, that boy can sing. If you like folk{ish}/acoustic-y type music, you’d LOVE Amos. Soooo good. Especially “Colors” and “Arms of a Woman” from his first album. Chills. Right now.

6. This FREE App…

redstamp

Red Stamp…LOVE. Found out about this from a sweet friend and now I’m obsessed. I just posted a ton of Red Stamp creations on my family blog. I absolutely LOVE this app!!!!

7. This show…

modern familyphil

This show gets me through the week. I love it. Cracks me right up. And I have a serious not-so-secret crush on Phil Dunphy. He absolutely makes the show! SO funny!

8. These candles…

apple_strudel_lg

Circle E Candles. I burn these ALL.THE.TIME. I promise these are the best candles you’ll ever burn. I haven’t burned anything different since I started using these about 8 years ago! My current favorite scent is Apple Streudel. Birds of Paradise is pretty dang good, too.

9. Caramel Cappuccino from La Duni Dulce.

dulce

Do y’all have one of these where you are?? I LOVE La Duni. The food is to die for. Dulce is almost better, especially if you have a hankering for sweets and coffee. Their desserts are insanely amazing and the caramel cappuccino is like heaven in a cup. SO good.

10. This Lip Balm

lip balm

Love it. Absolutely ADORE. I can’t go a day without it. Perhaps I’m a little addicted.

11. These cleaning supplies

meyers

Mrs. Meyer’s cleaning products!!!! Ohmiword. I don’t like cleaning {who does?!?!}, but these cleaning products make me happy. I actually want to clean as often as I can because this smells SO dang good. I have the lavender scent and ohmiword…AMAZING. You’ve gotta try these out!! Sweet Janell {who doesn’t have a blog, but absolutely should} gifted these to me {THANK YOU!!!!} and it was love at first spray. I swear I don’t want to use anything else anymore!!!!

12. This oatmeal.

starbucks_perfect_oatmeal_eww

Starbuck’s Perfect Oatmeal. It comes with a little pack of nuts, dried fruit, and 50 calories worth of brown sugar. I don’t like the nuts or the fruit, so I just eat mine with the sugar. I LOVE IT!!!! I ate it for breakfast every day last week and I’m pretty sure that’s how I’ll start my day tomorrow, too. SO yum!

Another obsession?! My bed. We haven’t spent much time together this past week, but we’re getting reacquainted starting now!!!! As my dear friend, Abby, would say, “PTL!!!!!”

Have a great week sweet friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews