Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Thankful Tree

I really love the idea of kids reflecting on what they have to be thankful for. So, we read the book, “The Thanksgiving Bowl” by Virginia Kroll.

thanksgivingbowl

The beginning of the book talks about a sweet Grandma who sets aside a Thanksgiving bowl for her family to place strips of paper detailing what they’re thankful for, and then all the little papers are read aloud during Thanksgiving dinner. Love it! I thought it was the perfect intro to adding a Thankful Tree to our room :)

turkeydoor1

I have a stack of die cut leaves that sits in a little pumpkin close to my door. Every time one of my kiddos has something to be thankful for, they write it on a leaf and give it to me to put on the tree. It’s really sweet to see what they’re thankful for :) Just today I had one of my sweet boys write “veterans & soldiers” on his leaf. Precious.

turkeydoor3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews