Saturday, May 21, 2011

Contractions

I remember one time…when I was pregnant with my first…I was teaching Kindergarten & someone in another grade level kept printing these contraction worksheets to our Kindergarten printer. I didn’t want them to go to waste, so to find the owner, I sent out a mass email to the school letting them know where they could find their missing papers. I titled the email, “Contractions” and within 2 minutes, my inbox was filled with about 12 different emails from different teachers *thinking* I was in labor!! HA! What a sight that would’ve been. A beached whale with swollen extremities and thankles huffing & puffing in front of her kids. Pretty sure that would’ve scarred them for life!! HA! Every time I look at that word, that’s all I can think about!!!
I *finally* posted my Crazy for Contractions Unit on TpT. I seem to be doing a lot of reviewing this time of year, so if you’re looking for some fun little, hands-on activities to reinforce contractions in your classroom, head on over and check it out!
And if you already purchased it…{THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!}…you might wanna head back over and re-download it. Apparently, I didn’t notice that the PDF conversion caused SEVERAL of the pages to be all scrambled. Dang. Now it’s all fixed up and ready!! Sorry for any inconveniences!!!
Here’s a fun little freebie for you! Just a little word work activity & recording sheet {cut & paste} that my kids just love!
Slide1
Graphics courtesy of Scrappin' Doodles

In other news, I’m gonna go ahead and say that I’m *loving* Teacher Appreciation Week! Between the lunches, flowers, office supplies, & {tomorrow’s} gift cards, I could really get use to all this! HA!! A little spoiled, ya think?!?! Seriously though, I really do have the best room moms!! One of my moms brought me one of my favorite dishes from my favorite little Mexican restaurant yesterday and she went all out…
appreciation1
appreciation2
HA!!! When she delivered my tray of goodies, she was playing mariachi music on her iphone! Needless to say, my streak of *healthy* eating has taken a week-long pause and I’m spending extra time on the treadmill :)
We had our big dress rehearsal for our BUGZ play today and omiword…it.was.PRECIOUS!!!!!! These last few weeks of craziness and chaos paid off!! Can’t wait for our babies to show off for their parents tomorrow night!!! And for those of you who emailed me about getting a copy of the BUGZ play, I’ll need to figure out where you can get it!! It’s the dang biggest file I’ve ever seen and I don’t want to break any copyright laws ;)
Happy Hump Day, sweet friends!! Time to cheer on my girl, Lauren Alaina!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews