Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Catch-Up & Happy New Year!

It’s been a BUSY holiday, but I’m back in town and trying to catch up on everything! I know this post is a bit overdue, but just incase you need some ideas for next year, I thought I’d share a few little things.

We read this story..

zsanta

Then we talked about how grown-ups have to go through an application process to get a job. Then I had the kids fill out their own applications…to apply to be one of Santa’s elves! HA! They were ALL over it! I told them I was sending their applications straight to the North Pole. I’ve never seen such GOOD work!!

christmasstuff1christmasstuff2

You can download your application HERE.

We also read this story…

zsantasstuck

And then had the kids write about what they would do if they found Santa stuck in the chimney. They loved it!

christmasstuff6

We celebrated the last day before Christmas break with a Gingerbread House decorating party! SO fun!! Our sweet moms assembled all the houses a week before the party and all the kids donated decorating items. They had SO much fun!

christmasstuff9

The kids made plates to give to their parents for Christmas. We used acrylic paint and cotton balls to paint on the blue & the snowman. They used their little fingertips for the snowman’s eyes, smile, nose, & snowflakes. We hot glued fabric strips for the snowman’s scarf & the kids wrote “There’s Snow Place Like Home” with sharpies. {We had them write in pencil first!} Then I took the plates outside and sealed them with a spray acrylic sealer.

christmasstuff3

The kids even made their own wrapping paper using the grocery sacks we had leftover from our Mayflower project.

christmasstuff4

My Christmas gift to the kids was Santa’s Magic Key. I made this for my own kids last year for Christmas and thought it would be perfect to give to my first graders. You can see how I made them HERE.

christmasstuff7

I told the kids that my little Elf on the Shelf brought these straight from the North Pole. You should have seen their faces. Mercy!! They were SO excited!!!!

christmasstuff8

You can download Santa’s Magic Key tag HERE.

Such a fun and magical holiday season!!! Now onto the 2nd semester :) Spring Break will be here before we know it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews