Thursday, August 11, 2011

The First Time

Ohmiword y’all. I went to school for the first time yesterday. AFTER I had a cavity filled. Did I mention that the dentist TOTALLY went drilling on the WRONG side of my mouth?!?!?! But there’s nothin’ a little Chick Fil A can’t cure. Chick Fil A & a Sonic coke, of course. So I took my numb mouth, chicken sandwich, and Sonic coke up to my un-airconditioned classroom and got to work.
This is what I walked into…
{Sorry about the quality! My little ol’ iphone was all I had!}
adam-55adam-56
adam-58adam-59adam-60
Not terribly unfortunate, but still A LOT to do!!! We were able to keep up our walls, but as you know, with a classroom full of 6 & 7 year olds, the paper just doesn’t hold up that well AT ALL. My Celebrity of the Week wall looks like it was attacked by gorillas and some spots of other walls are faded as all get out. I need to add a new alphabet above my SmartBoard and make random changes here and there. With only 4 days left til teachers go back, I’ve definitely got my work cut out for me.
Justin & I will be spending A LOT of time together these next few days…
adam-61

In the meantime, I’ve got a couple of printables for you. They’re random as random can be, but maybe you can use them. I’ve got the peanut allergies in my class this year, so I’m framing this and putting it on a little desk that sits right outside my classroom door.
nopeanuts
I also went and made new labels for my Math Tubs {Hollywood theme}. Don’t know if you can use ‘em, but thought I’d share just incase…
Slide2
Graphics courtesy of Scrappin' Doodles
I needed a new set of Daily 5 posters/labels, and I found EXACTLY what I was looking for over at Kindertastic!! She’s got small choice cards and large posters and they’re DARLING.
Alright. Back to the dentist for yet ANOTHER appointment today. Let’s pray they don’t go drillin’ in my ear or something. I’ll be spending the remainder of my evening up at school because I put the PRO in procrastinate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews