Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Writer’s Workshop Anchor Charts

I’ve always been a big fan of writing. I love to see the progress my kids make throughout the year…it’s always so remarkable!! No matter what stage they’re at when I get them, they always grow. Even a *little* growth is A LOT! I was excited to start Writer’s Workshop this week. Even though I love teaching writing, I always feel like this is an area where I can improve. I mapped out this week’s writing plans to a T and so far, we’re off to a great start!
My littles were excited to get their draft books on Monday. I had some advanced writers, a few reluctant writers, and everything in between. On Tuesday, we talked about WHY writers write and made an anchor chart with all of our ideas…
writers workshop1
Then we read Click, Clack, Moo and talked about why the animals & farmer in the story wanted to write.
766955
We revisited our anchor chart today and made another. Today we learned all about WHAT writers write. I brought in a few examples of things I write…grocery list, to do list, thank you note…and showed them my blog{s} and my email, too! It was fun to see their little wheels turning realizing there are LOTS of reasons we write…not just to write stories!!!
writers workshop3
After I showed them examples of all of my writing, we made another little anchor chart all about WHAT writers write…
writers workshop2
I’m hanging all of these up in our little “Do you have a writer’s eye?” center area.
LOVING our Writers Workshop time so far!!!
Tomorrow we’ll be creating a “What Can Writer’s Write About?” anchor chart and making our maps of our hearts. I was inspired by these awesome heart maps I found via Pinterest {click on the pic to take you to the original source}.
DSCF1835IMG_1591cieszko_MES_teacher_lg
On Friday, I’ll be passing out their mini offices and we’ll be decorating our draft books and celebrating our first full week of writing!!!
I’d love to hear about any fun activities you do to kick off writing in your classroom!!
Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews