Friday, September 23, 2011

Apples & Happy Fall, Y'all!

Happy Fall, Y'all! Is anyone else a little excited about the new season?! Pumpkin patches, apple cider, Halloween, Fall festivals...ohmiword. I can hardly contain myself! HA!

I've recently had an influx of emails requesting some of my apple themed documents I promised to share when I posted about our week of apple fun last year. Sorry for the delay! These aren't anything special, but if you're interested in adding a few things to your files, here ya go!

Here's the recipe for the applesauce we make every year. IT's SO stinkin' GOOD!!!! I like to send this home with my kids the day we make it in class!

After we make our applesauce, I like for the kids to label the items we used to make it. Since this won't be the last time they see some of these things, it's good for them to know what they are!


We also read a lot of non-fiction text about apples and their life cycle. I like for my kids to sequence the life cycle after we read about it and here are the picture cards we use to do so! I give each of my kids a large sheet of construction paper folded in half and a sequencing sheet. They cut out the pics, label each one, and glue it inside their folded piece of construction paper. Easy breezy!


Another fun little activity I put in my Math Tubs is this little non-standard units of measurement with apples! Of course, we don't use real apples for this one. I like to buy these...


I put them in a little baggie and then have the kids measure different items in the classroom with them {glue bottle, pencil, paintbrush, scissors}. After they measure and record, I let them choose other items in the classroom to measure {if there's enough time left!!} They LOVE this one!


Our week of apple fun starts Monday, so I'll be back with more apple themed activities next week to share with y'all!! And I'll be back this weekend with a recap of some fun things we've been working on in the classroom the last couple of weeks!!

Happy Fall, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews