Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wandering Wednesday

Hey y’all!! Happy Wednesday! Hope y’all are having a great week {so far}. Not many complaints here…except for the visit I had to make to the “girlie” doctor today. Blech. Not my favorite place to be. Now I’m home and enjoying the smell of the beef barbacoa in the crock pot. Truth be told, Mr. Spouse *might* have misunderstood the directions and the meal in the crockpot is a far cry from what I had planned, but I’m crossing my fingers for a fortunate accident!!! In the meantime, let’s start wandering through blogland. I’m excited about the ladies featured tonight because they all exude creativity, inspiration, and flat out amazingness :)

First up on the tour, sweet Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching.

doodlebugsteaching

I’m sure y’all know Kacey by now. Sweet Kacey is in her 12th year teaching. She spent 4 years in first grade…she was a librarian for 3…and now she’s back in first which she says is her heart! LOVE IT!!! And just incase you didn’t know, Kacey also has her very own personalized stationery business {Doodle Bugs Paper}. If y’all haven’t visited her shop, go there now! Her stuff is PRECIOUS. Her darling beyond darling classroom ideas and printables are all over Pinterest and she is the dang cutest thing. You might know some of her work…

This darling bulletin board makes me smile…

028_thumb[1]

So does this dang cute poster!

020_thumb[7]

Love these FREE counting by 2’s printables.

fishcountingby2s_thumb[7]

And this {FREE} counting by 5’s apple activity is SO in my math tubs! LOVE.

001

If you haven’t stopped by Doodle Bugs Teaching yet, head on over, say hello, and follow her fabulous classroom happenings!!!

Next stop, sweet Janae from The Sharpened Pencil.

untitled

Janae’s blog was one of the first blogs I started to follow BEFORE I started Emilyk Cole. I loved peeking into her classroom! Her blog was known as “First Grade Fun” before she recently updated for a more universal blog name. I think “The Sharpened Pencil” is just PERFECT! Janae is another first grade teacher who’s been in the business of making kids smile since 2005. Her precious activities always inspire me.

I loved this idea…

DSCN1307

And her Blueberry Story was pretty stinkin’ genius for Back to School night.

DSCN2211

I also LOVE this math activity…so did my kids last year!!!

DSCN1261

Head on over to The Sharpened Pencil and say hi to Janae! While you’re there, take a look around at all the fun things she does in her classroom…and don’t forget to follow along!!

Last stop on our tour, let’s visit Nicole over at Today in Second Grade.

Untitled

Nicole is new to the blogging world, but y’all…she’s got some DARLING ideas!! She’s new to second grade this year after having taught special education for the last 3 years. If you haven’t stopped in to visit yet, you must!! Just look what you’ll find…

Is this not precious?!

IMG_0118

LOVE these little Rainforest booklets…

IMG_0136

And the Wolf/Pig writing is TOO stinkin’ much!!

IMG_1983

And look y’all…she’s a dang talented baker, too!!!

IMG_0238

Head on over to Nicole’s sweet blog and give her some love! While you’re browsing around, don’t forget to follow!!

That’s all for tonight folks! I’ll be back next week with a few more amazing features!! If you’re interested in being featured on Emilyk Cole, shoot me an email at thefirstgradeparade@gmail.com.

IN the meantime, head on over to The Inspired Apple and visit my sweet friend, Abby. She’s hosting a “What’s Inside Your School Bag?” linky party. And seriously, who doesn’t love a good party…especially when it’s in the middle of the week!! HA!! I’ll be linking up tomorrow…after I recover from today, of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews