Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Family Trees

I’m a little late to post this, but better late than never, right?! We’re getting ready to take down our bulletin boards in the hallway so I had to snap a pic before I forgot! One of our first units of study in Social Studies was an “in-depth” look at families. We did some really neat activities, but one of my favorites was this darling family tree! I LOVE! We read the book, Who’s Who In My Family?, by Loreen Leedy. It’s a great little book that does an awesome job of explaining the concept of genealogy & family trees.

family

After reading the book, the kids completed their own family trees using their handprints as the leaves. They used little apple templates to write the names of their family members, cut them out, and glued them to the leaves. Great way to take a hands-on approach to family relationships!

familytree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews