Sunday, October 24, 2010

Where’s My Mummy?

We had our annual Fall Book Fair a couple of weeks ago and there was the most darling little book on the shelves…

wheresmymummy

Now, this book has probably been around for a while, but it’s the first time I saw it. One of my sweeties from class bought it for me and I fell.in.love! SUCH a cute story! {And it’s since become a favorite of my two boys, too!} I immediately knew I wanted to use this story for a writing activity and here’s what we did…

readersresponse-mummy

For a reader’s response, I had the kids use the sentence prompt, “When I get scared, my mummy…”, and they had to write about something that their Mommy does to help them when they’re scared {text to self connection}. Using the backside of a paper plate, the kids glued on a black rectangle, an orange set of eyes, and then tore big pieces of white construction paper for the bandages. Loved this reader’s response!

readersresponse-mummy2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews