Sunday, October 17, 2010

Simple Math Fun

I was in search of an “extra” math station and one of the sweet girls on our team had this cute idea. You guys have probably done something similar in your classrooms, but I’m always hesitant to use anything that could possibly be used as a weapon of mass destruction ;) Seriously though, the kids were head over heels for this super simple activity!

toothpickmath1 toothpickmath2

For this activity, I used the number cards from the previous week’s Number Order activity. The kids drew a card and then made 5 different designs using toothpicks. For each of their designs, the kids had to make a corresponding number sentence. I had them use a piece of plain white paper to draw their designs and record their number sentences. They asked me to put this activity on the math shelf so that they could revisit it this week :) They loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews